Katy won the hearts of numerous Hollywood stars and fans. Many people will remember her for her great acting talent, professional devotion, and ability to personify various characters. Katy Jurado’s profile summary Full name: Maria Cristina Estela Marcela Jurado Garcia Gender: Female Date of birth: January 16 1924 Age: Died at 78 years old Zodiac sign: Capricorns Place of birth: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico Nationality: Mexican Sexuality: Straight Religion: Christianity Height in feet and inches: 5’6″ Height in centimetres: 168 Eye colour: Brown Hair colour: Black Father: Luis Jurado Ochoa Mother: Vincenta Estela Garcia Siblings: 2 Children: 2 Occupation: Actress Net worth: $5 million.
Fascinating facts about Katy Jurado Ever since she debuted in the acting industry, Katy appeared in various films and television series. So who was the Mexican actress in High Noon? Below are some intriguing facts about her. 1. Katy Jurado was born in 1924 The Mexican actress was born on January 16 1924. She was the daughter of Luis Jurado Ochoa and Vincenta Estela Garcia. She grew up in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, with her two brothers Oscar Sergio and Luis Raul.
2. She was popularly known as Katy Jurado Despite many people knowing her by her stage name, Katy Jurado’s real name is Maria Cristina Estela Marcela Jurado Garcia.
3. She was born in a wealthy family Katy Jurado from High Noon was born into a prestigious and successful family. Emilio Cándido Portes Gil, the president of Mexico from 1928 to 1930, is her first cousin. Pedro Armendáriz, a well-known actor, was her godfather.
As for her parents, Katy’s father worked as an attorney and owned a cattle ranch, while her mother, Vincenta, was an opera singer. The family was extremely affluent before the Mexican Revolution. 4. She attended a Catholic school The actress went to a Roman Catholic school in Guadalupe. She enrolled in a bilingual secretary course to further her studies. 5. She is a prominent actress
Her first cinematic appearance in Mexico was in the film No matarás. She came into the limelight when she appeared in the movie La Vida until de Pito Pérez. Since then, Jurado participated in several Mexican television programs and films. Some of the most well-known movies and television series include:
- 2002: A Beautiful Secret as Esperanza
- 1998: The Hi-Lo Country as Meesa
- 1998: Divine as Mamá Dorita 1996-
- 1997: Mamá Dorita as Justina 1993-
- 1994: Más allá del puente as La Jurada
- 1985: Lady Blue as Doña Maria Theresa
- 1984: Under the Volcano as Senora Gregoria
- 1984: a.k.a. Pablo as Rosa Maria Rivera
- 1981: Seduction as Isabel
- 1981: Evita Peron as Doña Juana
- 1979: La viuda de Montiel as Mama Grande
- 1979: Tales of the Unexpected as Woman
- 1978: The Children of Sanchez as Chata
- 1978: The Recourse to the Method as La Mayorala
- 1977: Baretta as Rosa Canzone
- 1977: The Chosen One as Doña Paz
- 1976: The Bricklayers as Josefina
- 1976: Pantaleon as Chuchupe
- 1974: Fe, esperanza y caridad as Eulogia
- 1973: Once Upon a Scoundrel as Aunt Delfina
- 1973: Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid as Mrs. Baker said
- 1972: Alias Smith and Jones as Carlotta
- 1971: The Fearmaker as Sara Verdugo
- 1971: A Little Game as Laura
- 1971: The Boy and the Turtle
- 1970: The Bridge in the Jungle as Angela / The Witch
- 1970: The Virginian as Mama Fe
- 1970: Faltas a la moral as Lilia
6. Katy Jurado was in a few relationships Victor Velazquez, who was also an aspiring actor, was her first husband. Victor and Katy married in 1939 but divorced shortly afterwards in 1940. After her marriage ended, she dated Marlon Brando.
Unfortunately, Katy Jurado and Marlon Brando never made it down the aisle despite their great friendship and chemistry. She married Ernest Borgnine, an American actor, for the second time in 1959 and separated in 1963. 7. She was a mother of two Victor and Katy were blessed with two children, a daughter and a son. Katy Jurado’s daughter is Sandra Velázquez while her son is Victor Hugo Velázquez. 8. She was a medium height woman How tall was Katy Jurado? The actress was 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm). 9. Her net worth was $7 million Katy’s acting career not only did it make her well known but also rich. She accumulated a substantial net worth through her career and other endeavours, such as being a part-time writer and pundit for Mexican magazines, radio presenter, and newspapers editor. At the time of her death in 2002, Katy Jurado’s net worth was allegedly roughly $7 million.
10. She is a living legend Is Katy Jurado still living? The actress died on July 5, 2002, at the age of 78, in Cuernavaca, Mexico, of kidney failure and lung illness. She was laid to rest in the Panteón de la Paz cemetery in Cuernavaca. She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her contributions to film pictures at 7065 Hollywood Boulevard. On January 16, 2018, she was again honoured with a Google Doodle. Katy Jurado will be remembered for her success in both the Hollywood and Mexican film industries. She was one of the most beautiful actresses of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Sradio5.com recently published an article on 13 interesting facts about The Crown’s Princess Diana actress Emma Corrin. She is an impressive actress worth watching. She was born Emma-Louise Corrin. Before landing her most notable role, she had starred in a comedy-drama film and one drama series.